The Israeli delegation to IBC 2014: 17 of the most innovative companies in the industry!
Over the last few years Israel’s New Media industry has developed rapidly, positioning Israel as a vital player in the digital world. Israel’s New Media sector has more than 1,000 new media companies and many multinational corporations in this field maintain R&D facilities in Israel (such as AOL, eBay, Google, Harmonic, Open TV, PayPal, Yahoo and Ybrant) or have a strong local presence (Apple, Cisco, Ericsson, HP, Intel, IBM, Microsoft, Motorola and Nokia-Siemens). Over 600 of the Israeli new media companies are classified as start-ups and some of them, such as Adsmarket, Answers.com, ICQ, Incredimail, NDS, Orca, Conduit and Pilat Media have gained worldwide success.
The Israeli new media industry’s strength is creating advanced solutions for video broadcasting technology; however the Israeli companies are outstanding in various fields of new media technologies such as Internet applications and services, e-commerce, online advertising, entertainment, video and many more. They are a significant player in the gaming field and also have a powerful presence in content creation, delivery and management, digital & cable TV and IPTV satellites services.
The Foreign Trade Administration at the Israeli Ministry of Economy and the Israel Export and International Cooperation Institute are in charge of the Israeli pavilion at the IBC exhibition. The pavilion has been hosting the most innovative Israeli companies for the past 7 years and offers the visitors of the exhibition the opportunity to meet the companies and create an initial foundation for strategic partnership. During last year’s exhibition (2013) several executives from large-scale companies paid a visit to the Israeli pavilion including BBC, mediaset, Bharti Airtel and KPN.
Since the Israeli domestic market is considered small, plenty of Israel’s most innovative companies seek strategic partners or outright purchase of their technologies by foreign companies. Over the years many business partnerships with Israeli companies have been created as a result of the initial introduction that has taken place during the IBC exhibitions.
The Israeli delegation to IBC 2014 consists of 17 companies providing a broad range of innovative technologies, from broadcast solutions to a computing platform for media storage. The Israeli companies will display technological innovations and breakthrough developments in the fields of broadcast technology solutions, content consumption via tablets and laptops, customizable content for interactive games and digital advertising.
The commercial attachés of the Israeli Ministry of Economy around the world – assisted by the Israel Export Institute have already coordinated nearly 1,000 business meetings for the companies of the Israeli delegation. During the 4 days of the conference the companies will meet content operators, distributors, buyers, representatives of corporations engaged in fields of media, information technology and more. Since many meetings coordinated throughout the conference, the Israeli companies are expected to meet over 1,000 representatives of global businesses in the media and broadcasting fields from all around the world including Europe, Canada, US, South-America, India, China, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore and more.
- ABonAir’s wireless broadcast transmitters provide reliable coverage in outdoor sports, breaking news and live-events.
- Applicaster provides broadcast solutions for cross-screen TV experiences, including live TV, second-screen and Social TV
- Beamr Video is a perceptual video optimizer, which cuts the bitrate of H.264 and HEVC streams without compromising their quality, enabling a smoother streaming experience and a significant reduction in video delivery costs.
- Celeno provides high performance Wi-Fi chips and software for demanding home networking applications.
- Fabrix Systems provides a software-based, integrated storage and computing platform for media storage and processing.
- Kaltura provides a premium end-to-end solution form for personal and social pay Over-The-Top multiscreen TV services
- LATTO provides innovative OTT business management solutions including revenue-offer- and relationship management, allowing for easy monetization across screens.
- LiveU is the industry leader in portable live video acquisition, contribution and management solutions.
- Pixellot is an affordable end-to-end alternative to the traditional outside broadcast video capture and production system.
- Tecsys manufacturer of Professional Digital Video Head-End and Distribution Equipment supporting all standards and bridging all available infrastructures
- VBox’s DVB-to-IP TV Gateway allows for a simultaneous, multi-channel, multi-device live TV experience.
- Vcodes provides custom-tailored video workflow solutions for broadcasters and OTT content providers.
- VideoFlow open any network to deliver high quality live content to any glass
- TVpoint is a provider of dynamic, personalized video content service for mobile & OTT TV service providers, and for hotel operators.
- Vidmind’s turnkey OTT/DTT solution enables virtual TV operators to launch a primary TV Everywhere service far exceeding existing Pay-TV services.
- Vimmi – CDN reinvented for video – Global cloud platform that provides multiscreen HD video delivery and transcoding services
- Vodience developed a 2nd-screen/STB crowd-visualization software plug-in which reflects web and TV viewers as virtual audience.