The Israeli Foreign Trade Administration at the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor, is responsible for managing and directing the international trade policy of the State of Israel. The main fields of activity include activities for the promotion of trade and export, initiating and maintaining trade agreements for the improvement ofIsrael’s trade conditions, attracting and encouraging foreign investments and creating strategic cooperation with foreign companies. Together with the activity inIsrael, the Administration operates a network of economic representatives who constitute the operational arm of the Ministry in markets around the world.
- Assisting the Israeli industry in deepening the activity in existing markets, and penetrating new markets.
- Accompanying and supporting the individual exporter in the marketing activity abroad.
- Initiating and applying international trade agreements and maintaining existing agreements.
- Raising investments and strategic cooperation.
- Improving the image of the Israeli industry and economy.
- Preventing unfair competition – dumping
About the Economic Attaché
Shai Moses is Commercial Attaché to Switzerland and Deputy Permanent Representative to the WTO at Embassy of Israel
As Commercial Attaché to Switzerland, he is responsible for developing and promoting the ensemble of economic activities between Israel and Switzerland. Notable activities include the promotion and diversification of bilateral trade, attracting and encouraging foreign investments and creating strategic cooperation with Swiss-based multinational companies.
As DPR to the WTO, he represents Israel as head negotiator to the Doha Development Round, which encompasses negotiations on various issues such as tariff reduction on manufactured and agricultural products, opening and expanding new markets in services, managing trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights, and more.
The Commercial Attachés are part of the Foreign Trade Administration (FTA) at the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor. The FTA is responsible for managing and directing the international trade policy of the State of Israel.