Seven Israeli startups chosen for MassChallenge “Class of 2013”
(Adapted from the New England Israel Business Council newsletter)
MassChallenge, the largest accelerator in the world, announced on May 22nd the finalists startups selected by MassChallenge Israel to attend the 2013 program in Boston from July to October.
The finalists survived a six week rigorous selection process, facilitated by MassChallenge Israel and impressing about 70 judges and leaders of the Israeli entrepreneurial eco-system who were tasked with identifying the most promising startups. This Summer, representatives of the final seven startups will migrate from Israel to Boston to attend the four month accelerator program at MassChallenge’s downtown Boston facilities, located in the innovation district overlooking Boston harbor. Each of the companies will receive airfare and accommodations for at least one company executive.
MassChallenge Israel was co-founded by John Harthorne, CEO of MassChallenge, and Amir Eldad, Chairman of NEIBC. This initiative, in partnership with NEIBC, is supported by, among others, The Kraft Group and EMC Corporation.
The 7 selected finalists are:
- Wizeo: Crowdgiving platform designed to raise funds and awareness for Causes by driving engagement through online video events.
- Dialogwhiz: Gives structure to web discussions, making them truly effective for getting informed and making decisions.
- Greenvolved: An evolution of crowdfunding for environmental projects that lets individuals and corporations to co-operate for our planet.
- MedAlert: Improved health care through elimination of prescription errors.
- Mobistine: MobiStine provides trusted healthcare apps for new parents for a better healthier lifestyle.
- Pixtr understands content of photos and automatically perfects them, bringing true photo editing to mobile.
- Vecoy Nanomedicines develops patent pending virus-traps for the treatment of HIV/AIDS and other viral infections.
Sector distribution of the 7 finalists:
- Life Science / Health IT: 3
- High-Tech: 2
- Cleantech: 1
- Social Impact: 1
The complete list of 128 MassChallenge finalists from around the world can be found HERE.
CLICK HERE for more information about NEIBC events and newsletters.