- Israeli Startups in New York An interactive map listing and describing about 30 Israeli technology startups and incubators, mostly in Midtown Manhattan.
- Israeli Mapped in NY An interactive map of Israeli companies in NYC.
- FundMyStartup.com Launch Pad List A directory of about 100 accelerator programs in the U.S.A. (75%) and around the world, for seed-stage companies and with universities.
- Mapped in Israel An interactive map listing and tracking all the tech startups in Israel.
Chambers of Commerce are private organizations consisting of groups of enterprises and citizens interested in networking, connecting and developing business in their community. In the United States, there are many regional and national Chambers that are focused specifically on Israel:
- NYC: America Israel Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AICCI).
- Philadelphia/ Delaware/ Pennsylvania: AICC Central Atlantic Region.
- North Carolina/ South Carolina: AICC SouthEast.
There are also regional organizations organized by local Israeli ex-patriots. These groups regularly host meetings and events covering Israeli and local business topics:
- NYC: U.S.-Israel Business Council (USIBC), Israel Business Forum of New York,
- Boston: New England- Israel Business Council (NEIBC),
In almost all cases, local state and city governments staff and fund development development agencies that offer grants and incentive program to attract foreign businesses to their regions. They are great sources for FREE advice and services, and they host business events year-round.
New York government:
- Empire Development Corporation (New York State)
- New York City (NYCEDC)
- NYC Office for International Business.
New Jersey government:
- Economic Development Authority (NJEDA)
Rhode Island government
- Economic Development Corporation (RIEDC)
Regional Economic Development Corporations are organizations that promote economic development in certain areas. They are excellent sources of free economic and market information, as well as issues relating to setting up a business, exporting or importing. They also will usually administer various incentive programs, meant to attract Israelis to do business in their regions.
There are also many websites and blogs on the web tracking the hot trends in Israeli business, technology and innovation:
- Size Doesn’t Matter
- Jerusalem Post
- Ynet News
- The Marker (Haaretz)
- Calcalist (Hebrew)
Israeli Government Ministries:
- Ministry of Industry, Trade & Labor (TAMA”T)- Trade offices around the world.
- Office of the Chief Scientist (OCS/ MATIMOP)
- Matimop – Israel Industry Center for R&D: US-Israel Industrial R&D and Innovation Framework, offering R&D cooperatin opportunities for Israeli and American companies.
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Science
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Tourism
Where to buy Israeli goods in the United States:
- Rosebud SoHo: A New York City boutique featuring women’s clothing, accessories, giftware, leathergoods, and music, all of which is designed and manufactured in Israel. Open 7 days a week from 12pm 7pm.
- From Israel to You: Unique jewelry designs are from the shops of skilled artisans, our artists create magnificent and fashionable jewelry that sets the standard for accessory style.
- BuyIsraeliGoods.org: A massive crowd-sourced database organized by non-profits listing retailers of all kinds of Israeli goods from around the U.S.A.