Open Positions as Associate Innovation & Strategic Partnerships Manager
Locations: Berlin and Munich, Germany
Citizenship note: Only applicants holding German/EU citizenship are eligible
Who we are:
The Israel Economic & Trade Missions to Berlin and Munich operate within the public sector but is private-sector minded. We act as a bridge between Germany and Israeli business communities and are here to connect entrepreneurs, investors, and executives from a wide variety of industries. By leveraging its networking capacity and industry knowledge in Israel and Germany, the Economic & Trade Mission is able to seamlessly engage prospective business partners. Our mission is to generate win-win collaborations, create value and drive innovation in the Israel-Germany tech junction.
Who we are looking for?
Our offices in Berlin and Munich are each looking for a new Innovation and Strategic Partnerships manager.
The office assists companies of any size and sector but sees a high level of activity in certain industries, which receive dedicated coverage from a team member. As a member of our Innovation team, you will play a key role in supporting German-based companies in achieving their innovation and business goals while supporting Israeli companies in their efforts to enter the German market. This role would be covering an open industry vertical (e.g. Medical, Energy, Retail, Automotive, etc.) and specializing in creating German-Israel business partnerships and investment in the sector.
An ideal candidate is a people person, professional, has great business instincts, quick learner with high energy, and has a strong desire to deliver quality results.
- Conduct economic, industry and market research in various verticals
- Maintain industry knowledge on new technologies and key ecosystem players
- Assist Israeli companies in finding resources, business opportunities, and contacts to expand into the German market
- Scout technology in Israel for German companies and investors with specific requirements
- Coordinate meetings between German and Israeli companies at industry conferences and trade shows
- Initiate, lead and execute business events and technology roadshows in Israel and in Germany.
- Attend professional and business events to build strong & trusted relationships with key stakeholders (Corporates and Investors) in the market
- Manage relationships with VP and C-level executives at leading German companies and investment firms
- Collaborate with partner organizations (private and governmental) in driving German-Israel business activities
- German citizenship or of one of the European Union member states
- Full knowledge of the German language
- Residence in the city of Berlin/Munich and commitment for two years
- Bachelor’s degree in recognized academic institution. Master’s level degree – an advantage
- Business / Economics degree(s) and graduate level training – an advantage
- Fluent English (written and oral) and ability to work in an English-speaking environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. High service awareness
- Creative with Pro-activeness, ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Passion to work with tech companies and startups – an advantage
- Experience in the areas of: business development, project management, investments, international trade and business, entrepreneurship – a significant advantage
- Work experience in a client-facing role
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in public speaking
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic about innovation, new technology (Tech savvy), entrepreneurship, and international collaboration
- Detail oriented, highly organized, comfortable multitasking and working in a fast-paced, intense work environment
- Comfort speaking with senior executives, often in technical sectors
- Organization with managing project tasks, event logistics, and contact databases
- Cultural sensitivity and international experience
- Familiarity with the German business culture and venture capital industry is a plus
- Startup experience and project management experience a plus
Energy, Agro-Tech, HLS, Retail, Consumer Goods, Mobile, Enterprise, Venture Capital and more.
Employment Type: Full-time
If you’d like to be a part of the team, send us your resume and a cover letter (can specify industry interests) either
to the Munich office: Munich@israeltrade.gov.il
Potential hires start as soon as possible, upon completion of the interview rounds and a mandatory background check.