You are invited to virtually participate in our Soil Health Stakeholder Forum themed “Adapting to the new world of Soil Management”.
This forum seeks to galvanize key actors from private, public, and research institutions to share learnings and showcase best practices to generate rapid responses to help develop better soil health practices to support the development and efficiency of the agricultural sector in Ghana.
The forum will host Israeli Soil Experts to discuss how Israel is managing its soil health policy and practice, as well as a business delegation seeking to establish business partnerships in Ghana.
This event is organized in partnership with: the Israeli Export Institute, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), Africa Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP) and The Ministry for Food and Agriculture (MOFA) respectively.
See our write-up on soil health in featured in the B&FT
Please find the full Schedule below, you are invited to tune in at any point.
08:30 – 08:40 am Opening Remarks – Ambassador of Israel to Ghana, H.E. Shlomit Sufa
08:40 – 08:50 am Opening Remarks – Minister for Food and Agriculture, Hon. Dr. Owusu Afriyie Akoto Osei
08:50 – 09:00 am Objectives of the Forum – Ayelet Levin Karp, Head of Trade and Economic Mission
09:00 – 10:30 am Ghana’s Soil Health Status and Fertility Management from Policy to Reality
- Soil Mapping and Fertilizer Formula Development – Dr. Francis Tetteh (Soil Research Institute)
- Fertilizer Use Efficiency Research Findings – Dr. William Atakora (IFDC)
- Overview, Implementation, and Current State of the PFJ Program – Mr. Seth Osei Akoto (Crop Services Directorate)
- Ghana Fertilizer Expansion Program – Nana Serwah Amoako (GFEP Lead)
- Innovations and Private Sector Support – Nana-Aisha Mohammed (AFAP)
- Open Discussion
11:00 – 11:30 am Why is Soil Health Such an Amorphous and Elusive Concept – Dr. Ellen Graber (Volcani Institute)
11:30 – 12:30 pm Soil Health Trends and Opportunities
- Towards Sustainable Farming Principles – Asseta Diallo PHD (AGRA)
- Regenerative Agriculture Efforts in the African Reality – Marchand Olivier (Nestle)
- Fertilizer Application through Irrigation – Aviram Tal
- Open Discussion
12:30 – 01:30 pm Innovative Solutions and Commercial Pitch Sessions by the Israeli delegation
- Deshen – Or Koren, VP Sales
- Groundwork BioAg Ltd – Dan Grotsky, Chief Growth Officer
- ICL Group Ltd– Ingo Rogge, Area Sales Manager Spec Ag, ME, West & North Africa
- Compost Or – Eyal Ben-Nevet, Agronomist
02:30 – 04:00 pm B2B and Demonstrations