Utilis provides data driven solutions for utilities, government agencies, and the greater infrastructure industry.
Treated Water Leak Detection – The Utilis leak detection product uses satellite images that cover large areas (each covers approximately 3,500 sq. km, depending on satellite). Specifically, they use only satellites with L-band synthetic aperture radar (SAR) sensors on board. This is because of SAR’s day/night, cloudy/clear, capability along with the L-band signal’s ability to penetrate the first few meters of earth. Using a patented algorithm, Utilis can filter out the signature of drinking water and provide these points of interest (POI) to the customer. The POIs are displayed in user-friendly GIS reports, and direct the utility’s own (or contracted) field crew with the areas to search and pinpoint the previously undetected leak.
Benefits for this water leak detection are;
- No equipment required, no upfront investment.
- Significant reduction in field labor effort.
- The entire system is surveyed as often as bi-weekly.
- Leaks can be targeted before surfacing, reducing potential damage.
- Significant reduction of NRW.
- Unaffected by weather and time of day.
- Provides a good solution for large water networks
- Utilis is seeking to work with state institutions in the water sector and NGOs working in the water sector.
- Utilis is seeking to have a partnership agreement with a Ghanaian company that would represent it.
Eddy Segal (VP Sales and Business Development) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, contact the Trade and Economic Mission at