Industry 4.0, a term that describes the ongoing automation of traditional manufacturing and industrial practices, promises to enhance stability and performance of industrial operations. Using technologies such as IoT, imaging, and sensors, businesses will be able to capture and process data from industrial assets, generating previously unavailable insights on how the machines are utilized.
Israel, as an innovative ecosystem with strong ties and deep understanding of technological gaps in this space, has become a major IIoT player. In fact, Israel ranks third in industry 4.0 venture investments and second in early-stage investments according to Israel21c.
According to Startup Nation Central, there are 23 R&D centers, 11 hubs, and 8 accelerators supporting innovation within this space. The government has also earmarked more than $100 million to support IoT implementation in the local manufacturing industry.
Industry 4.0 can be divided into multi subsectors; Startup Nation Central categorize the industry into Operations Optimization, Maintenance, Supply Chain, Inspection, Cybersecurity, IoT Platforms, Sensing and Imaging, Robotics, and 3D Printing.
Some interesting companies within this space include:
- RobotAI – RobotAI develops AI-based software that transforms cameras into 3D measurement devices. It detects objects and extracts their position and orientation from a single image. Objects’ 3D positions allow robots to understand their environment and adapt to it. RobotAI enables multiple applications in industrial settings. The company’s customers use this technology for sensing and measurement, pick-and-place tasks, bin picking, indoor navigation, and augmented and virtual reality.
- Trieye – TriEye is a fabless semiconductor company that develops technology to improve the safety of advanced driver-assistance systems and autonomous vehicles in adverse weather and low-visibility conditions. The company’s semiconductor design uses patent-pending technology to enable the production of shortwave infrared (SWIR) cameras at a fraction of their current cost. Its semiconductor technology is based on nanophotonics research that enables CMOS-based SWIR sensors.
- Kitov – KITOV Systems develops a universal solution designed to identify defects in 3D geometry using advanced machine vision, artificial intelligence, and deep-learning technologies. The company aims to reduce manufacturing costs, eliminate inefficiencies, and improve yield without the need for any experience in programming, machine-vision technology, or automation.
- FeelIT – Feelit is the developer of RetroFeel, an IoT platform for the real-time remote sensing of structural changes in mechanical assets, using nanomaterial printing technology. RetroFeel consists of flexible, non-invasive nanomaterial sticker sensors that easily attach to any equipment, together with wireless communication units and AI-driven cloud analytics. The system serves as an “electronic skin” that alerts on critical structural and operational anomalies in advance, prevents downtime, and radically cuts maintenance costs. By instantly pinpointing anomalies in strain, temperature, humidity, and vibration, RetroFeel offers real-time remote monitoring and predictive maintenance. The system is non-invasive and easy to deploy, requiring no downtime for installation and providing instant results.
- Vayyar – Vayyar is a global leader in 4D radar imaging technology, providing affordable, highly advanced sensors to a wide variety of industries. With applications in the automotive, smart home, robotics, retail, RF testing, consumer electronics and medical sectors, Vayyar’s intelligent sensors can see through walls and objects, tracking movement in real time in all environmental conditions. Its state-of-the-art Radar-on-Chip covers imaging and radar bands from 3-81 GHz, with up to 72 transceivers on each chip and an integrated high-performance DSP delivering unprecedented levels of accuracy and generating high-resolution 4D point cloud imaging.
- 3DSignals – 3d Signals has developed a solution designed to accelerate manufacturers’ digital transition into the Industry 4.0 era. Its solution enables immediate visibility into production floors through the quick, non-invasive, machine-agnostic deployment of a wide range of sensors. The company’s AI-based asset-performance-monitoring platform transforms data into powerful insights, providing multiple business intelligence and analysis tools in the cloud. The solution has been proven to significantly improve machine productivity and overall equipment effectiveness within three months of installation.
- Hoopo – hoopo is a provider of low-power, wide-area (LPWA) monitoring and tracking solutions. Its proprietary technology enables end-to-end tracking both outdoors and indoors, while maintaining low ownership costs and extremely high power-efficiency levels. hoopo’s geolocation solution allows devices to transmit messages across long distances using batteries that can last for years. hoopo’s trackers transform assets into a smart, manageable system and allow informed decision-making based on real-time data. The company’s solution also enables geo alerts based on predefined rules; fast recovery of temperature-controlled goods; motion and events-based analytics; and loss prevention.
- BionicHive – BionicHIVE is developing an automated warehouse solution based on a fleet of synchronized autonomous robots that can be retrofitted onto existing warehouse infrastructure. The solution consists of multiple autonomous robots with 3D movement capabilities that extend the picking face from floor to ceiling. A real-time algorithmic engine is designed to dynamically change fleet management, providing the flexibility to constantly shift operational needs, a high level of response to volatility, and seamless scalability achieved by adding more robots to the same infrastructure.
- CoreTigo – CoreTigo provides high-performance IO-Link wireless communication solutions for machine builders, system integrators, and industrial equipment manufacturers. CoreTigo’s products enable the design and retrofit of machines and production lines that were not possible before. These solutions increase flexibility, adaptivity, and modularity, resulting in cost effectiveness, increased productivity, and downtime reduction. Embraced by industrial leaders, the IO-Link Wireless global standard, fit for harsh factory environments and motion control applications, provides cable-grade connectivity for millions of sensors,
- Wiliot – Wiliot is a fabless semiconductor company providing passive SoC platforms for the IoT market. The company is developing a wireless technology designed to eliminate reliance on batteries and wired power in order to vastly accelerate the internet of things. The new technology powers itself by harvesting energy from radio waves, and aims to enable everything to be intelligent.
To know more please write to –
Embassy of Israel, New Delhi
Leave A Comment