Israel has developed a unique legal and regulatory model for critical national infrastructure protection, and has implemented it since late 2002. The Israeli approach appears to be highly successful, as the nation continues to be a world‐class ICT power, and to provide cyber security for its critical infrastructure and beyond, while balancing conflicting interests and fostering cooperation between public, security, academic and private sectors.
The frequency and scale of cyberattacks on energy facilities is rising, and many countries are seeking new and efficient methods for protecting critical resources such as water, electricity and gas, as well as the facilities that produce, dispense, and store energy. According to a 2020 report by the World Economic Forum, cyberattacks on critical infrastructure facilities rank fifth in terms of level and number of threats.
Critical national infrastructure is a prime target for cyber attackers. Industrial control networks employ unique, legacy devices and use proprietary ICS/SCADA protocols. Therefore, these networks require specialized security technologies. While several solutions have been developed to address these unique challenges, they all focus on the Operational Technology (OT) network and OT devices. However, OT networks and IT networks are converging. IT applications such as Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) interconnect with OT devices and networks. Attackers take advantage of this vulnerability to initiate the attack in the IT network and use it as the gateway to the sensitive OT network.
Let’s have a look at how some of Israel’s Security companies can protect your Critical Infrastructure;
- ReSec: Resec’sZero Trust platform eliminates all known and unknown (“Zero Day”) file-based malware threats at the organization’s gateway.
- CyberSixGill: Cybersixgill brings agility to threat intelligence by introducing the Continuous Investigation/Continuous Protection™ (CI/CP) approach to security. CI/CP uses automation tools that empower security teams to collect, analyze, research, and respond after each intel development as seamlessly as possible. In order to focus on maximum security readiness at any given time, Continuous Protection is coupled with Continuous Investigation.
- Sepio Cyber: Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest level of visibility, policy enforcement and Rogue Device Mitigation capabilities, which will allow them to better control the access to their hardware assets.
- IX Den: IXDen introduces a novel hardware-free/software-based approach to industrial IoT cybersecurity. Leveraging ‘biometric’ IoT device identity allowing multifactor authentication, we achieve utmost sensor data integrity on a device and sensor level.
- SCADA Fence: SCADAfence is the global technology leader in OT & IoT cybersecurity. SCADAfence offers a full suite of industrial cybersecurity products that provides full coverage of large-scale networks, offering best-in-class network monitoring, asset discovery, governance, remote access, and IoT device security.
For further information on Security technologies from Israel, contact the Economic and Trade Department at the Consulate General of Israel in Mumbai.
Siddhant Gupte; Trade Officer, Mumbai
Leave A Comment