Who We Are?
The Israel Economic Mission to the OECD handles issues related to the economic fields such as industry, trade, investments, SMEs, innovation, etc.. We are part of the Israeli Permanent Delegation to the OECD which is composed of representatives from the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Finance and Economy & Industry.
What We Do?
The Economic Division of the Delegation provides policy analysis and information to the headquarters at the Capital, based on the work of the OECD. Cooperating with other Member countries, the office ensures the decisions taken by the OECD reflect the priorities of the Government in general and the Ministry in particular. Part of our responsibilities is to make sure that the research done at the OECD is effectively disseminated and shared throughout the Ministry’s respective departments as well as other government agencies, the general public and other interested stakeholders.
Among the roles of the Economic Attaché at the OECD:
- Reporting from OECD’s committees and Working Parties
- Researching background material and identifying interesting projects that are relevant to the Ministry’s work as well as opportunities for cooperation
- A liaison between the Ministry’s various units and OECD’s horizontal projects
- Promoting Israeli positions vis-a-vis the Secretariat and through bilateral channels
- Cooperating with other countries’ missions to the OECD on important topics that are relevant for the Ministry
- Ongoing reports from the executive functions at the OECD