Invest in Israel 2016 (www.investinisrael.sg) was the first investment event of its kind between Israel and Singapore, and we are proud to have successfully concluded the exclusive, closed-door conference last week with the attendance of over 300 distinguished business leaders over the two-day programme.
Presented by the Israeli Trade Office in Singapore, Investment Promotion Centre
and Singapore Business Circle, the event stimulated ongoing dialogue on why Israel proffers strong investment opportunities, offering participants the perfect opportunity to explore inspiring technologies and meet with prolific innovators in the Automotive, Agro-Tech and FinTech industries.
The event was opened by Guest-of-Honor Minister Dr. Yuval Steinitz, Ministry of National Infrastructure, Energy and Water, who was in Singapore for an official roadshow visit to launch the Israeli offshore gas exploration licensing round.
(Above and right – Dr. Yuval Steinitz at Bruno Gallery, the one and only Israeli art gallery in Singapore, and call on Minister Masagos Zulkifli, Ministry of Environment and Water Resources)
The conference featured key speakers such as:
- Mr Amit Lang, Director-General, Ministry of Economy & Industry of Israel
- Mr Choi Shing-Kwok, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Water Resources of Singapore
- Ms Ziva Eger, Executive Director, Foreign Investments and Industrial Cooperation, Ministry of Economy & Industry, Israel
- Mr Alex Frenkel, VP Product, Colu
- Dr Nimrod Kozlovski, Partner, Jerusalem Venture Partners
- Mr Ronen Melnik, Vice-Chairman, Rootility
- Mr Todd Dollinger, Chairman & CEO, Trendlines
- Mr Amer Subhi, SEA Manager, Mobileye
- Ms Joy Phua, Co-Founder & CEO, IZMUS
- Mr Samuel Li, Executive Director, Shanda Private Equity
- Mr Patrick De Silva, Chief Investment Officer, Pix Vine Capital
- Mr Jonathan Glickfeld, General Manager, Visy
- Mr Eugene Wong, Managing Director, Sirius Venture Capital
(Above and below – Conference at InterContinental Singapore, panel speakers sharing experiences and useful insights to investing in Israel)
Amit Lang, Director-General at the Ministry of Economy & Industry, says of the event, “With the state of the European Union looking increasingly uncertain and the upcoming election in the United States, many are looking to diversify international investments. Invest in Israel showcases unique growth and innovation opportunities, and provides the chance to meet with some of Israel’s leading innovators”.
Ziva Eger, Director-General Foreign Investment and Industrial Cooperation, Ministry of
Economy & Industry added, “Singapore and Israel are cooperating in many areas already, and we hold the utmost respect towards the Singaporean economy. We want to use the upcoming event to extend the exposure of Israeli innovation to potential Singaporean investors. We believe it is a win-win situation for both parties.”
We look forward to providing future platforms for engagement and connection between Israel and Singapore!
- Why Israel and What’s In It For You
- Venture Landscape in Israel
- Company Presentation – Colu
- Company Presentation – Rootility
- Company Presentation – Mobileye
- Doing Business in Israel
Media Coverage of Invest in Israel 2016
- CNBC Interview with Minister Dr. Yuval Steinitz
- CNA News Now Interview with Director-General Mr. Amit Lang, Ministry of Economy & Industry
- CNA News Now Interview with Mr Ronen Melnik, Vice-Chairman, Rootility
- STORM Magazine Interview with Director-General Mr. Amit Lang, Ministry of Economy & Industry
- CNA Money Mind on Israel’s Tech Ventures