Carbon pollution is a global concern and transitioning to electric vehicles is one of the most effective ways to reduce it. The Israeli Auto-tech industry is playing a significant role in the effort to develop green solutions in the world of automobiles. One of the primary contributors to the climate crisis is road transportation. This makes the transition from the polluting auto industry to clean and smart transportation solutions even more critical.
The transition to electric vehicles will not happen on its own; it is highly reliant on government involvement and incentives to accelerate production and adoption. Israel has great potential for adopting EVs. As a relatively small and densely-populated country, it requires a simple charging infrastructure. It has its own sources of natural gas, relatively low electricity prices, and high fuel prices that can push the market to adopt EVs based on electricity produced from natural gas. Israel is also known as a country that tends to adopt technology and innovation, with a public that is highly open to change. This could help with the transition to electric transportation.
Israel is not only a market for electric vehicles, but is also an innovator in the field. There is a fierce innovation race in the EV sector, with trillions of dollars invested. Several Israeli companies are developing significant inventions and contributing to the race to reduce carbon emissions.
Here are some of the leading Israeli startups working to electrify our ground and air transportation: –
- Store Dot : Developer of Nano and organic compound-based batteries for e-vehicles. It has developed Li-ion batteries by combining nanostructural material with organic binders and electrolytes to offer optimized batteries for multiple sectors. It also uses artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to combine organic compounds with nanomaterials. Its features include the synthesis of organic and inorganic compounds, high voltage capability, enhanced safety with dendrite prevention, and real-time thermal and voltage management.
- Urban Aero Develops ducted fan aircraft for multiple uses. It is developing an unmanned aerial vehicle and its export variant, the Cormorant. Its design includes a fan that allows the aircraft to take off and land vertically, and the company claims that the fuselage itself is shaped like an airfoil to provide aerodynamic lift. The company intends to use the same technology to develop passenger aircraft for intra-city travel.
- VisIC Tech VisIC Technologies is a technology licensor and a provider of high-voltage (650V and above), high-volume GaN devices to the rapidly growing power conversion market. The company has created a true GaN Metal-Insulator-Semiconductor High Electron Mobility Transistor (MISHEMT) that is normally-OFF in its native mode.
- IRP Systems IRP Systems provides a patented software-defined powertrain system for micro mobility. Their solution, named Hummingbird, consists of a patented intelligent control algorithm coupled with an electric motor design that helps in achieving the high-power efficiency metrics. The motion system is sufficiently versatile and can be implemented in any system with an electric motion requirement. It is intended to be used in drones, electric vehicles, unmanned ground vehicles, or robot actuators.
- Phinergy Phinergy focuses on the development of metal-air battery systems and technology for electric vehicles. The company’s main focus is on the development of aluminum-air and zinc-air batteries. The company claims to have successfully integrated aluminum-air battery system into an electric vehicle resulting in more than three times the driving range of current EVs.
- GoTo App-based platform offering multi-category self-drive vehicle rental services. The platform enables users to rent cars, electric-mopeds, scooters, bicycles, etc. Users can book find, book, unlock the vehicles near to their location by using the mobile application. It offers features like in-app payments, offers short and long-term rentals, etc. At the end of the ride, users have to park the vehicles at designated parking spaces. The mobile application is available for both Android and iOS platforms.
- City Transformer Developer of electric cars. The company develops electric cars with foldable chassis which makes vehicles park conveniently. It offers features like 90 km/h speed range, disk brakes, 2 X 7.5 kW electric motors, 15 kW power range, etc.
- Make My Day Offers a location-based app to determine the optimal route for multiple errands. It determines the optimal route for multiple errands based on businesses distance from the user, queue length, working hours, parking, and traffic. It also helps in estimating the task duration, the total time required for all the errands. It claims to help both businesses as well as individuals to accomplish daily errands in an effective way.
- EVR Motors EVR Motors develops motors for multi-category electric vehicles. The company develops motor with 3D trapezoidal teeth and windings that generates optimized magnetic flux, integrated cooling system, etc. It offers features like light-weight, compact in size, etc. These are used in electric & hybrid vehicles, electric motorbikes, motorcycles, etc. Also, these can be used for industrial applications.
- Carrar Provider of thermal management solutions. The company offers thermal management solutions for batteries, powertrain, electric-vehicle charging infrastructure, etc. The system offers optimal boiling that manages heat fluxes for charging which preserves battery life. Also, provides a two-phase immersion cooling system for onboard computers, power electronics, etc.
Should you need further information about the sector, please do not hesitate to contact Israel Economic and Trade Mission to Thailand at email@example.com.