Call for Proposals! BIRD Fund Seeks Executive Summaries for September
The BIRD Fund, a joint-project of the U.S. and Israeli governments funding R&D projects up to $1M, is now accepting executive summaries for their next funding round. For more general information about BIRD, visit their website, or contact Josh at the Israel Economic Mission in NYC.
To be considered, a project proposal should include:
- R&D cooperation between two, unrelated companies, one registered in the U.S. and the other in Israel. The companies should jointly apply for BIRD support;
- Research and development topics within the scope of this call include but are not limited to: Agrotechnology, Cleantech and Environment, Communications, Electronics, FinTech, Gas, Homeland Security and Cyber Security, Life Sciences, Software, etc.;
- The jointly developed technology or product(s) must have considerable innovation;
- Significant commercial potential.
BIRD funds up to 50% of the R&D costs associated with the joint project. The maximum conditional grant per project is up to $1 million.
Timetable and deadlines:
- Executive Summaries (using BIRD’s template) – September 12, 2016;
- Full Proposals (following BIRD’s detailed instructions) – October 13, 2016;
- Decisions – December 13, 2016.
Please refer to BIRD’s website for submission details – www.birdf.com
For further inquiries please contact:
In Israel: Ms. Einat Spivak, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 972-3-698-8300
In the U.S.:
- East Coast/Midwest: Ms. Andrea Yonah, email@example.com, Tel: 609-356-0305
- West Coast: Ms. Maya Vardi Shoshani, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 650-752-6485
To be kept informed about BIRD’s latest news and updates join our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/BIRDFoundation