On December 30, 2015, BIRD (Israel-U.S. Binational Industrial R&D Foundation) announced it will be investing $7.5 million in 9 new projects between U.S. and Israeli companies. Four of the nine U.S. companies selected are based in the Midwest.
The BIRD Foundation promotes collaboration between U.S. and Israeli companies in various technological fields by providing funding for the purpose of joint production and technology development.
The approved projects include:
- BDR Technologies (Israel) and MagBioSense (MO): Ultra-sensitive Point-of-Care device for rapid detection of biomarkers.
- ECOncrete Tech (Israel) and Besser Company (MI): Bio-enhanced drycast concrete products that mitigate climate.
- Elbit Systems (Israel) and Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems (CA): Small-sat search and rescue application.
- Forrest Innovations (Israel) and S. Company: Solutions to control diseases in potatoes.
- Groundwork BioAg (Israel) and Marrone Bio Innovations (CA): Biological stacked seed treatment.
- Kramer Electronics (Israel) and iRule (MI): Distributed advanced commercial control solution.
- Screenovate (Israel) and S. Company: Wireless display project.
- VocalZoom (Israel) and Vixar: (MN): VCSEL Module for sensing applications.
- WSC Sports Technologies (Israel) and Krossover Intelligence (NY): Custom highlights for amateur athletes.