Who we are:
The Israel Economic Mission to the West Coast operates within the public sector but is private-sector minded. We act as a bridge between the west coast and Israeli business communities and are here to connect entrepreneurs, investors, and executives from a wide variety of industries. By leveraging its networking capacity and industry knowledge in Israel and the Western United States, the Economic Mission is able to seamlessly engage prospective business partners half a world apart. Our mission is to generate win-win collaborations, create value and drive innovation in the Israel-US tech junction.
Who we are looking for:
The Government of Israel Economic Mission to The West Coast is looking for a new Innovation and Strategic Partnerships Associate for an open position in San Francisco.
With its unique access to Silicon Valley, the San Francisco office places an emphasis on working with early to growth stage tech companies from Israel on their US market entry. The office assists companies of any size and sector but sees a high level of activity in certain industries, which receive dedicated coverage from a team member. As a member of our Innovation team, you will play a key role in supporting US-based companies in achieving their innovation and business goals while supporting Israeli companies in their efforts to enter the US market. This role would be covering industry vertical across Automotive, Energy, Industry 4.0, Telecom, IOT, Aviation and Space, Robotics, Smart Cities, Sustainability, Cleantech, Water (along colleagues covering Automotive, Energy, Retail, Agriculture, etc.) and specializing in creating US-Israel business partnerships and investment in the sector. An ideal candidate is a people person, professional, has great business instincts, quick learner with high energy, and has a strong desire to deliver quality results.
- Conduct economic, industry and market research in various verticals
- Maintain industry knowledge on new technologies and key ecosystem players
- Assist Israeli companies in finding resources, business opportunities, and contacts to expand into the US market
- Scout technology in Israel for US companies and investors with specific requirements
- Coordinate meetings between US and Israeli companies at industry conferences and trade shows
- Initiate, lead and execute business events and technology roadshows in Israel and the U.S.
- Attend professional and business events to build strong & trusted relationships with key stakeholders (Corporates and Investors) in the market
- Manage relationships with VP and C-level executives at leading US companies and investment firms
- Collaborate with partner organizations (private and governmental) in driving US-Israel business activities
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or communications-focused field, or other showing intellectual or quantitative rigor
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in a client-facing role
- Strong collaboration skills and puts teamwork above all else
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in public speaking
- Professional communication in written and verbal English (Hebrew not required but would be a plus)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic about innovation, new technology (Tech savvy), entrepreneurship, and international collaboration
- Detail oriented, highly organized, comfortable multitasking and working in a fast-paced, intense work environment
- Comfort speaking with senior executives, often in technical sectors
- Organization with managing project tasks, event logistics, and contact databases
- Cultural sensitivity and international experience (with Israel is a plus)
- Familiarity with Silicon Valley business culture and venture capital industry is a plus
- Affinity to Israel is a plus
- Startup experience and project management experience a plus
Full-time in-person in San Francisco (No remote option)
If you’d like to be a part of the team, send a resume and cover letter (can specify industry interests) to SanFrancisco@Israeltrade.gov.il. Potential hires start as soon as possible, upon completion of the interview rounds and a mandatory background check. Salary starts at $45K USD, non-negotiable, with no commission or sales bonuses offered but other benefits (health, transport, phone reimbursement) available.
Citizenship note: Only applicants holding American citizenship (not Israeli or dual US/Israeli) are eligible.