Dubbed ‘the largest free spa on earth’ the Dead Sea is a rich Salt Lake that is amongst the favorite tourist destinations centuries over, due to the healing properties of the minerals found in it. A geological wonder of more than 400 meters below sea level bordered by Jordan to the east and the West Bank and Israel to the west, it is considered the lowest point on the earth’s surface.
The Israeli cosmetics industry has a burst of products that are composed of minerals, salts, and mud from the Dead Sea. These products boost skin health by reducing skin impurities, soothing chronic back pain, treating acne, as well as treat various health conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis just to name a few.
According to Raju, K (2022) the global market size for Dead Sea Mud Cosmetics was valued at $723.00 million in 2021 and is projected to reach $2.6 billion by 2031, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 13.5% from 2022 to 2031.
Israel is a global leader when it comes to the production of Dead Sea products. In this blog post, we are delighted to share some of the top Israeli Dead Sea Companies:
- AHAVA –Located on the shores of the Dead Sea, its mission is to offer the virtues of the Dead Sea using its most extraordinary ingredients and creating innovative and effective products. AHAVA’s main point of difference is Osmoter™, the mineral catalyst at work in every AHAVA formula. AHAVA’s Osmoter™ draws moisture and nutrients from the depths of the skin to its outer layers, where it is needed the most.
- Mediline –“Natural Sea Beauty” was first founded 20 years ago by L’Oréal. In July 2010 it was acquired by Mediline. Mediline is a privately owned company that imports, promote, and exports pharmaceuticals, Dermo-Cosmetics, and para-medical products in Israel. “Natural Sea Beauty” products contain mineral Complex Solution, an exclusive formula that combines natural ingredients from the Dead Sea with innovative technology to provide the skin with essential minerals for a healthy, youthful, and radiant look.
- Daor Cosmetics –Daor Cosmetics is part of the Biscol Group. Established in 1938, Biscol Ltd. is a 100% family-owned concern and one of Israel’s most enduring and prestigious privately held companies. Their P.L. cosmetics and Toiletries activities are mainly conducted through Biscol Cosmetics Ltd., one of Israel’s leading relevant manufacturers. Their Dead Sea activity is done through Daor Cosmetics Ltd which serves as a marketing branch for their “house” Dead Sea-based brands.
- Mersea Dead Sea –specializes in the export and distribution of beauty and skin care products carefully developed by combining the rejuvenating minerals of the Dead Sea and its region with aromatic oils and plant extracts.
- H&B Health and Beauty Ltd –was established in 2006 by Hadara Ben Bassat. H&B Dead Sea cosmetics are based on the minerals from the Dead Sea, highly enriched with vitamins and essential, natural oils, an incredible combination of high-quality active ingredients which are set to achieve the ultimate goal of healthy and glowing skin. The products are developed out of the notion that everyone should benefit from nature’s mysterious wonder called DEAD SEA, highly enriched with minerals such as Bromide, Magnesium, Potassium, and more. Currently, H&B’s products (more than 200) are exported to more than 70 countries all over the globe. The cosmetics are sold at department stores, pharmacies, drug stores, SPA, specialty stores, perfumeries, Duty-Free, travel retail, etc.
- Alona Shechter Ltd –established in 1994. The company has developed an in-depth knowledge of the cosmetics industry and has a fine reputation in this field. They offer their range of products which contain medicinal herbs, Jade Powder, and minerals from the Dead Sea. The company manufactures and markets an anti-aging and professional range of cosmetic products of excellent quality. These products are unique in that they all have a high concentration of active ingredients to effectively combat any skin problem.
- Magiray Professional –Magiray professional line is developed and founded on holistic principles that require the cosmetic correction of skin defects to be realized by regulating all skin physiological processes. All Magiray products are formulated with a carefully selected balance of both up-to-date and traditional active components (more than 300 kinds), including the most advanced biotechnological complexes, natural eco-friendly extracts, oils of plant and marine origin, Dead Sea salts and minerals, vitamins and fruit acids. The products contain a great number of the newest ingredients protected by international patents; all the components are approved by ECOCERT.
- Minus 417 –They offer a collection of natural skin care, anti-aging and body products, based on natural active ingredients together with moisture-balancing minerals from the Dead Sea. The company established and founded in 2003 by the entrepreneur and sculptor MotyFridman, offers a diversified series of exclusive care products based upon a “VITAMIN-MINERAL COMPLEX” a scientific development based on active natural ingredients imported from France, combined with rich Dead Sea minerals. This complex assists in the renewal of skin cells, prevents signs of aging, and provides the maximum nourishment for all skin types and ages. The -417 series are preserved by natural ingredients, are Paraben free, enriched by essential and natural oils, do not contain Mineral Oil, and have IMMEDIATE VISIBLE RESULTS.
- Sea of Spa Labs Ltd – was founded more than 18 years ago in Arad, Israel. The company’s products are originally from the Dead Sea and they contain vitamins and essential oils at a concentration higher than usual to feed and perfect care of the skin. The excellent quality of their products stems from many years of experience in understanding customer needs and the market.